Vegemite has announced one of the Mitey-est jobs in Australia – the ‘Cultural Ambassador of Australia*’. Vegemite has launched a new campaign in collaboration with Melbourne agency Thinkerbell.
Says a spokesperson from Vegemite: “We’re looking for someone who can put a rose in every cheek. Someone who can tell Tom Hanks that he’s using too much Vegemite… and British backpackers that they’re not using enough. Someone to spread that great Aussie taste across every little corner of the country (including Tasmania) and the rest of the world.”
Do you want one of the Mitey-est jobs in Australia? Vegemite is hiring. You can find more information below.
Role: Cultural Ambassador of Australia
Description: Want one of the most important jobs in Australia? Well it’s available. It’s not PM, nor is it skipper of the Australian cricket team (don’t worry, Smithy will be back in soon), but don’t let that take away from its importance. Right now we need true blue, honest, Aussie leadership…and that leadership can only come from someone who lives, breathes and eats Australia – a ‘Cultural Ambassador’ of sorts. Yes, we’re talking about the person who looks after Vegemite*.
And the position is open. It’s there for the taking. We’re looking for someone who can put a rose in every cheek. Someone who can tell Tom Hanks that he’s using too much Vegemite… and British backpackers that they’re not using enough. Someone to spread that great Aussie taste across every little corner of the country (including Tasmania) and the rest of the world.
– To be up for it you’ve got to be able to brag your way through the following:
– New or old, you feel (and are) proudly Australian.
– You’ll always back the underdog.
– You’re wearing thongs right now.
– Cathy winning the 400m in that onesie is locked in your memory.
– You know who Chk Chk Boom girl is.
– You didn’t know the national anthem had a second verse.
– You think it’s a bit weird that our most famous building is dedicated to opera.
– You panic bought Vegemite instead of toilet paper.
– You count parmas, pies, dumplings, ramens and phos all as Aussie cuisine (but only if made with Vegemite).
– The first item you’ll be packing when international travel is permitted is that much-loved jar of Vegemite.
– You believe that Vegemite tastes like Australia.
Best of luck, mate, Vegemite needs you. But more importantly, Australia needs you.
*Some people would call this job ‘Marketing Manager for Spreads’ (including looking after the Vegemite brand) for Bega, but it’s so much more than that!