V Energy wants to help people escape ‘The Procrastination Place’ in latest trans-tasman campaign via Clemenger BBDO, Sydney


Gen Z and younger Millennials (18-25) have big goals, but are living in the most distracting time in history. This is where a little guarana-powered liquid motivation comes in. The first phase of the new Make it Happen platform developed by Clemenger BBDO Sydney has launched in Australia and New Zealand, and features TV, cinema, digital, social and OOH.


The launch film – which draws on meme culture and the deepest parts of the internet – was brought to life by Sweetshop’s Damien Shatford.

Says Ben Coulson, Chief Creative Officer, Clemenger BBDO Sydney: “Procrastination, it’s something 99% of us do, and the other 1% lie about. But V will be there for us when we need a good kick right in the procrastinations.”

Says Frucor Suntory Head of Consumer Marketing, Jonny Croft: “We’re super excited to see a genuine consumer insight land a whole new brand platform for V, and really open the brand up to a whole new generation of consumers across Australia and New Zealand. The work is distinctive, extremely relatable for our consumers, and firmly plants our flag as the brand that uniquely helps you Make it Happen.”

Agency: Clemenger BBDO Sydney
Chief Creative Officer: Ben Coulson
Creative: Josh Aitken, Vanessa Robinson, Willy Maitland
Planning Director: Rob Harding-Smith
Producer: Denise McKeon, Katrina Maw
Design: Daniel Mortensen, Alexandra Kidd
Client Service: Gareth Pask, Melanie Spence, Isabell Timar, Su-Ann Leong

Production Company: Sweetshop
Director: Damien Shatford
Executive Producer Greg Fyson
Edit: Luke Haigh via The Editors
Post Production: Blockhead VFX
Music & Sound: Otis Studios

Media: OMD

Client: V Energy, Frucor Suntory
Chief Client Officer: Cam Davidson
Head of Consumer Marketing: Jonny Croft
Senior Brand Manager: Chris Henbrey