Ogilvy Australia and Special Group New Zealand + Australia awarded Global Grand Effies at 2021 Global Best of the Best Effie Awards
Ogilvy Australia and Special Group New Zealand and Australia have been awarded Global Grand Effies.
The awards, which honour the most effective marketing efforts across 60 different markets, recognised Ogilvy Australia and Ogilvy PR for the KFC Michelin Impossible campaign within the ‘Restaurants’ category and Special Group New Zealand and Australia for the Tourism New Zealand ‘Good Morning World’ in the ‘Transportation, Travel & Tourism’ category.
In the competition, 62 campaigns were selected to contend for the Global Grand Effie, and 12 winners emerged following two rounds of judging.
Says Sally Kissane, CEO of Ogilvy Australia: “We are beyond thrilled to have won this award. This result is a testament to what we strive for every day at Ogilvy Australia – to make work that really works.
“I am very proud of our team who remain continuously committed to creating highly effective and ambitious work. I would also like to recognise the vital contribution made by our partners, and the cross-collaboration between teams within the Ogilvy Network, alongside our amazing client KFC.”
Says Tony Bradbourne, founder and CEO/CCO of Special New Zealand: “To be recognised for delivering the most effective tourism advertising globally is incredibly pleasing. I just want to thank everyone who worked on this campaign from Special New Zealand and Australia, and I think it actually was everyone over the entire year it took to produce, and the whole team at TNZ.
“We are so proud of the work we have delivered for Tourism New Zealand, at a time when the tourism industry needed it the most. We’re confident our creative and effective work has kept ‘destination New Zealand’ alive in the minds of millions of would-be tourists around the world; and is part of our commitment to do work that makes a positive difference for the country.”
Says Rory Gallery, CSO, Special New Zealand: “It is a pleasure to be amongst some of the most high profile and effective campaigns in the world. It’s great to see a New Zealand brand keeping company with the likes of Nike and Ikea and is a testament to the ambition of everyone involved in this campaign.”
Says Tom Martin and Julian Schreiber, CCOs, Special Australia: “We are so proud that a campaign of such a different shape which actually involves all the great people of New Zealand to make it happen has resonated so strongly around the world”.
“The Global Grand Effie winners are truly the best of the best, proving exceptional across Effie’s 4-pillar framework for marketing effectiveness. This work has not only been celebrated locally, but has stood up to a jury of peers across the globe. A big congratulations to all of this year’s winning teams.”
The inaugural Global Grand Effies were awarded to:
– Brand Experience-Services: IKEA Russia & Instinct (BBDO Group) “Apartmenteka,” with ZBRSK
– Commerce & Shopper Marketing: Restaurant Brands International’s Burger King, FCB New York & FCB/RED “The Whopper Detour,” with O Positive Films, Zombie Studio, Chemistry Creative & ABMC
– FMCG-Food & Beverage: Nestlé Mexico’s Nescafé & Bombay “Nescafé Tributo”
– FMCG-Other: Procter & Gamble’s Tide & Saatchi & Saatchi New York “It’s a Tide Ad,” with Hearts & Science, Taylor Strategy, MKTG & Marina Maher Communications
– Media, Entertainment & Leisure: The Walt Disney Company Latin America’s National Geographic and Wolf BCPP “Nat Geo Into The Dark. A trip to the eclipse,” with Agencia Opera Chile
– Positive Change: Social Good-Brands: Black & Abroad & FCB/SIX “Go Back to Africa,” with Initiative, Glossy Inc., Grayson Matthews, Rooster Post
– Positive Change: Social Good-Non-Profit: Street Grace & BBDO Atlanta “Gracie”
– Restaurants: KFC Australia & Ogilvy Australia “Michelin Impossible,” with OPR Australia, MediaCom & Infinity Squared
– Retail: Nike & Wieden+Kennedy “Dream Crazy,” with Park Pictures, JOINT Editorial, A52 & Publicis Sapient
– Seasonal/Current Events: Microsoft & McCann New York “Changing the Game”
– Sustained Success: Aldi UK & Ireland & McCann Manchester “Like Brands’ 2011-2018,” with UM Manchester
– Transportation, Travel & Tourism: Tourism New Zealand, Special Group New Zealand & Special Group Australia’s “Good Morning World”
Says Traci Alford, global CEO, Effie Worldwide: “The Global Grand Effie winners are truly the best of the best, proving exceptional across Effie’s 4-pillar framework for marketing effectiveness. This work has not only been celebrated locally, but has stood up to a jury of peers across the globe. A big congratulations to all of this year’s winning teams.”
Click here for a showcase of all of the contenders.