Nike She Runs Sydney 2014 owns the night in latest event via Space Between and IE Agency
Nike She Runs Sydney 2014 returned for a third year earlier this month, with a fresh course and all new event features via a slew of creative companies, to empower female runners of Sydney to “own their city”.
The Sydney event forms part of a global Nike movement to empower women to run together, and includes the annual Nike San Francisco Women’s Marathon – the world’s leading women’s running race.
Nike She Runs participants ran the new 10km twilight course at Centennial Park, which featured several live activations including a 50 strong drumming crew, marching band and cheerleaders.
Says Juliana Nguyen, Nike Pacific marketing director: “This year’s Nike She Runs event soared to a new level and certainly gave the female running community an experience they will be talking about for years to come.”
Sydney duo Cat Raven and Julio Himede once again created the race activations and Race Village set up, which mirrored a festival atmosphere.
A more enclosed section of Centennial Park housed the Race Village, providing a festival-feel that included:
- A giant inflatable pillow mimicking the natural and “free motion” of running in Nike Free running shoes
- Massage, stretch, warm-down and chill-out zones
- 8m x 8m scaffolding entry cube
- 3m high She Runs letters with each 6,000 runner names printed
- Social Media Cube, which worked as a hub and interactive backdrop for social images
- Start line – crane carrying giant floating neon Nike swoosh
- Course Pretty Zone – kilometres of mirror balls and bright lighting sequences
- Course Party Zone – 50 cheerleaders and dancers, LED effects and DJ
- Stage area for live post-race entertainment from Guy Sebastian and band
Melbourne creative agency Space Between produced a bespoke Nike retail space within the Village, while digital agency, IE Agency ensured Nike She Runs Sydney was again one of the most socially enabled race in Australia.
IE developed the technology for runners to share race photos and finish times immediately on social media through a bespoke app.
- The hashtag, #nikesheruns, was trending in Sydney during the event, and over the course of the campaign generated:
- 3 million total impressions of Nike She Runs Facebook content
- 31,982 new Facebook fans
- 5,261 uses of our #nikesheruns hashtag
- 14 Million+ in reach
Limelight Event Group managed event operations and safety.
Event and Course Design: Julio Himede
Digital: IE Agency
Event Operations: Limelight Sports
PR: Two Birds Talking
Hi, are you able to give me the details of where to get this giant bouncy pillow? Would love to hire it/buy it for an event.