MADC Presents: How to find happiness + meaning in the high-pressure world of advertising with Alex Wadelton ~ Wed, 11 September, The Tap House
MADC Presents independent creative director Alex Wadelton in the latest event on 11 September at The Tap House St Kilda.
Join Wadelton as he takes Melbourne’s adland through his twenty-year career, explaining the techniques he uses to find happiness and meaning in the high-pressure world of advertising, and how you can too.
Wadelton has a list of accomplishments from projects outside of his day job that rival most awards cabinets in Melbourne, most notably including:
– Plucking his hair out to raise thousands for children’s cancer.
– Making global news for creating portraits of world leaders with their skin removed.
– Raising $160,000 by co-creating Camp Quality Christmas Crackers, featuring jokes written by comedians that are actually funny.
– Pranking the whole of Australia into thinking Tommy Little was getting into modelling for Not For Profit clothing label -HoMie, whilst raising almost $200,000.
– Erecting a statue honouring indigenous footballer’s Nicky Winmar iconic stance against racist abuse.
– Actually doing something about the irrefutable plastic problem in supermarkets.
– Landing a book deal with Penguin alongside Russel Howcroft, that features contributions from some of Australia’s most creative people.
These experiences have seen Wadelton go viral on almost every global media platform, and most of the time he’s doing them for a good cause.
In his day job, he also launched the Big Bash for Cricket Australia, created the global Wrigley’s Food Creatures campaign, changed the game forever with ‘The World’s First Crowd Sourced 3D Printed QR Code, Live Streamed Via A Go Pro To A Smart Phone Or Tablet Device, Drone Delivery Ticket System Project”, and won a bunch of awards that sit in multiple agencies across the country.
If you struggle to find happiness in your day job, want to feel a little more inspired, or are just thirsty to have a few beers with Melbourne advertising’s creative community, then come along and learn about someone that really goes above and beyond for good.
MADC Presents Alex Wadelton
Where: The Local Taphouse, St Kilda
Date: Wednesday, September 11th, 2019