DDB Sydney’s Dom Hickey, Showpony’s Jamie Scott + Leo Burnett Sydney’s Emily Taylor to represent Australia on New York Festival’s AME Grand jury
New York Festivals 2020 AME Awards for the World’s Best Advertising and Marketing Effectiveness has announced the 2020 AME Asia Pacific Grand Jury.
Representing Australia as jury members is Dom Hickey (left), head of planning at DDB Sydney, Jamie Scott (centre), managing director at Showpony Advertising and Emily Taylor (right), chief strategy officer at Leo Burnett Sydney.
AME’s powerhouse jury of prominent international advertising and brand executives emanate from 5 regions around the globe and feature 100+ jurors to date representing 36 countries on 6 continents.
The 2020 Grand Jury represents some of the world’s most creative and strategic minds in advertising, marketing communications and brand building. Their high standard of excellence ensures that AME’s 26-year legacy is upheld and respected globally both by winners and industry reports measuring creative distinction.
The 2020 Asia Pacific Grand Jury is comprised of respected leaders who are at the helm of cutting-edge organisations from Australia to Vietnam. Each of them has extensive industry experience and has been recognised for exceptional achievement within their field.
Says Gayle Mandel, executive director of the New York Festivals AME Awards: “Asia Pacific is such a vibrant creative region and with 26+% of winning entries coming from APAC in 2019’s AME competition, it is crucial to provide entrants with an esteemed jury of exceptional caliber with both regional and global perspective.”
2020 AME Asia Pacific Grand Jury
– Dom Hickey, Head of Planning – DDB Sydney
– Jamie Scott, Managing Director – Showpony Advertising
– Emily Taylor, Chief Strategy Officer – Leo Burnett Sydney
– Leon Chen, Senior Vice President – iQIYI China
– Connie Lo, President – McCann Health Greater China
– Henry Shen, Chief Strategy Officer – McCann Health Greater China
– Baggio Song, Chief Strategy Officer – Inspire Communications
– Heidi Zhang, Chief Strategy Officer – Publicis Communication Group
– Keerthi Raju, Business Director – Brave New World
KV “Pops” Sridhar, Founder & Chief Creative Officer – Hyper Collective
– John Thangaraj, National Planning Director – FCB Ulka
– Shunsuke Kakinami, Executive Creative Director – McCann Health
– Toshiya Kondo, Director Planning & Strategy Division – Dentsu
– Atsushi “Nacky” Nakahashi, Creative Director – CyberAgent, Inc
– Bhavika Rambhai, Head of Social Media Strategy – VMLY&R
– Bea Atienza, Chief Digital Strategy Officer – Dentsu Aegis
– Judd Labarthe, Regional Planning Director – McCann Worldgroup
– Vishnu Mohan, Chairman and CEO, Havas Group India & South East Asia/CEO Havas Media APAC – Havas Group South East Asia & India
– Robin Nayak, Chief Strategy Officer – Singapore & SE Asia – TBWA Singapore
– Pratik Thakar, Director / Head of Integrated Marketing Communications, ASEAN Business Unit – Coca Cola
– Julie Kang, CEO & Managing Partner – Serviceplan Korea
– Balendran Kandeban, CEO Director – Sparks Sri Lanka
– Sugibun Sathiamoorthy, Co-Founder & Managing Director – Magic Mango
– Mark Chang, Chief Creative Officer – X-Line (Dentsu)
– Alice Chou, Chief Creative Officer – Dentsu
– Jennifer Hu, Chief Creative Officer – Ogilvy & Mather Taiwan
– Paul Grubb, Regional ECD ASEAN – GTB
Ruchi Sharma, Chief Creative & Culture Officer – Brands For Humans Asia
– Tina Do, Head of Integrated Marketing & Digital – Nestle Vietnam
Says Mandel: “AME’s Asia Pacific Grand Jury of recognised thought-leaders reflects the diverse range of talent prevalent in today’s advertising and marketing space. I’m thrilled these prominent executives are sharing both their time and industry expertise.”
AME’s award-winning Grand Jury is recruited from 5 global regions region (Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, North America and Latin America). These industry experts thoughtfully review all entries with global knowledge and perspective from the industry with attention to cultural and economic relevance through three rounds of judging.
The results of the 2020 Grand Jury sessions will be included in the annual AME Report, an industry report that honors and provides rankings for agencies and brands. To view the 2019 AME Report visit: AME Report.