Finalists for the 2020 NZ Outstanding Radio Creative Awards (ORCA) have been announced, led by DDB New Zealand and FCB New Zealand with 2 finalists each
Both DDB and FCB have featured twice in the top six, with 2019 Grand ORCA winners David Shirley & Melina Fiolitakis again finalists for 2020. Matt Williams and Freddie Coltart are finalists for two separate campaigns, joined by Rory McKechnie for VW. Campaigns from Stanley St and Clemenger BBDO round out the contenders, in what has been a competitive year for entries.
• VW – Swim Mum: Matt Williams, Freddie Coltart & Rory McKechnie at DDB New Zealand
• McDonald’s – Working Late: Matt Williams & Freddie Coltart at DDB New Zealand
• Fire and Emergency NZ – Forest Fire: Hayley Marks & Kimberley Torrie at FCB New Zealand
• PAK’nSAVE – Savey: David Shirley & Melina Fiolitakis at FCB New Zealand
• Rebel Sport – Find Your Rhythm: Brooke Wiley & Tim Thach at Stanley St Auckland
• NZ Transport Agency – Live For Tomorrow: Steve Hansen & JP Twaalfhoven at Clemenger BBDO Wellington
Judging was based on four criteria: creativity, execution, effectiveness and innovation.
Representing varied disciplines across the NZ industry, the panel consisted of James Mok (VMLY&R), Bex Radford (BC&F Dentsu), Leisa Wall (FCB), JP Twaalfhoven (Clemenger BBDO) and Dr Matt Mollgaard (AUT University).
The Grand ORCA winner will take home a $10,000 cash prize and a $10,000 client radio campaign. The People’s Choice Award winner will receive a $2,000 cash prize and a $5,000 client radio campaign.
Voting is now open for the People’s Choice Award with each voter going in the draw to win a set of Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless In Ear Headphones. Voting will close at 5pm on Friday July 31st.
ORCA Winners will be announced over an awards luncheon on Thursday August 13th at The Matisse Room in Auckland, with a release to follow shortly afterward.