Places have begun filling for May’s Sydney Copy School — just 20 students max — following last year’s COVID cancellation.
Top ad industry tutors (plus a guest journalist) are kindly donating their time and, moreover, rich experience:
· Tim Brown, Executive Creative Director, Enigma Communication
· Jane Caro, Social Commentator, Writer and Lecturer
· Karen Ferry, Creative Director
· Andy Flemming, Creative Director, M&C Saatchi
· Ted Horton, Chief Creative Director, Big Red
· Jonathon Kneebone, Co-founder, Writer/Director, The Glue Society
· Dennis Koutoulogenis, Creative, The Monkeys
· Sinead Roarty, Creative Director, Godmother
· Ralph Van Diyk, Founder and Executive Director, Eardrum
Copy School 2021 will run for five mornings Monday May 10 to Friday May 14. Fee is $495, payable now at copyschool.org.
Students will receive a real-world brief on the Monday morning and each student will present their campaign on the Friday morning.
Ray Black founded Copy School over 20 years ago in order to encourage highly effective, creative writing. Big advertising ideas that sell for the client. He’s handed his baby to his old partner John Bevins who’s vowed as the new chair to maintain Black’s focus on creative work that works, and to stay true to Black’s “give back” credo for Copy School.
With NewsMediaWorks merging last year into Premium Content Alliance, the patronage championed by NewsMediaWork’s CEO Peter Miller could not continue. Copy School’s NewsMediaWorks Manager Kylie Hannah and Bevins decided to go it alone, pro bono, and in recent weeks registered Copy School as a not-for-profit entity, with copyschool.org its new website.
Chris Taylor of the Melbourne Copy School has also agreed to continue pro bono and, as co-chair, he will run that school with Kylie Hannah.
Contact Kylie Hannah on 0404 000 664 or firstname.lastname@example.org