Each week Campaign Brief posts positions available within the Australasian and Asian advertising, media and marketing industry through TheBestAdJobs.com, a joint initiative of Bestads and Campaign Brief. Ads only cost $50 and appear on all CB Blogs (Aust, NZ, Asia) plus internationally on bestadsontv.com.
NEW BUSINESS & SALES COORDINATOR (PART-TIME) – THE INCREDIBLE PRODUCTION COLLECTIVE, SURRY HILLS
The Incredible Production Collective (IPC) was launched in 2019 and is a high-end streamlined production company servicing advertising agencies and direct clients, as well as being home to a directory of top freelance artists. We work with agencies and clients to create award-winning TVC’s, stills shoots and digital content. IPC’s aim is to be the “Go to Destination” that agency creative and direct clients go, to source the top production and trusted talent for projects.
ABOUT THE ROLE
IPC is looking for a driven New Business & Sales Coordinator to join us. We are still a relatively young business; therefore we are searching for a team member who is keen to grow with us. You need to be highly organised and dedicated to getting New Business and Sales via new and existing clients through the door. You will be passionate about growing IPC’s footprint in the industry, establishing and retaining client relations and more importantly gaining work (scripts and campaign briefs).
The role is vital to Business Acquisition and Retention, as well as being part of the development of IPC’s marketing strategy. The successful candidate will have top-end communication and writing skills, ensuring that IPC remains connected with existing clients and continues to gain new business and ‘briefs into hand’, as well as nurture the already standing audiences.
The Role Includes:
– Sales – Research and establish new contacts and relationships, as well as maintain and nurture business relationships with existing clients.
– Sales – Build and maintain relationships through regular face-to-face contact, meetings, phone calls and emails. Ability to confidently and convincingly ‘sell’ IPC as their chosen production provider. Meetings will be a KPI of the role.
– Manage IPC’s CRM (Hubspot), keep updated at all times and use it as the platform to manage all sales, comms and business activity.
– Use all analytics (google, EDM, etc) and stats to better potential business and marketing strategies/channels.
– Take part in writing various articles and blog posts, discussing industry trends.
– You absolutely love getting on the phone or meeting clients to discuss company service or clients’ needs. It is incredibly important you are a top-level communicator.
– You love building relationships and ultimately gaining that sale.
– An understanding of the advertising industry, as well as production, photography, TVC, Broadcast, and motion content, would be favoured.
– Your understanding of the advertising and production industry will ideally come with Advertising Agency contacts.
– Excellent written skills, attention to detail, and proven abilities in developing, sourcing, and editing content.
– You thrive on meeting your KPI’s and growing the IPC business.
– Passionate about business development and have a proven track record of gaining new business/sales.
– You have a solid knowledge of Hubspot.
This is not a SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING role. It is Sales and Marketing based.
Job Status: Initially Part-time (approx. 20 hours per week) With the premise to grow role in line with company development. We would like this role to become full time ASAP.
Base + Super + Commission on jobs won for the company on a job gross percentage.
A mix of office (Surry Hills) based and working from home role.
All applicants must have existing Australian work rights. Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OPERATIONS MANAGER (CONTRACT) – ARN, PERTH
Australian Radio Network (ARN) is one of Australia’s leading Broadcast and On-demand audio companies, ‘Defining Audio’, with ownership or investments in 12 radio stations nationwide in addition to digital entertainment platform, iHeartRadio. ARN’s vision is to deliver the most complete audio offering for audiences and advertisers, and its network brands. KIIS and Pure Gold, along with iHeartRadio and The Edge, entertain and influence over five million listeners each week across Australia.
KIIS and Pure Gold, along with iHeartRadio and The Edge, entertain and influence over five million listeners each week across Australia.
We currently have an exciting maternity leave cover available for the role of Operations Manager at 96FM.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the sales and administrative support function of our commercial team, as well as the day to day office management of the station in the fast-paced and exciting audio media industry. As an active member of the local leadership team, you will have a positive and proactive attitude and thrive on a busy work environment!
Some key responsibilities include:
– Manage a team of 3 in the sales support function of our advertising team
– Maintaining quality control over our commercial processes
– Assist in overseeing engagement and station budgeting
– Development of all templates and sales collateral for product to market consistency
– Leading any local trade marketing tactics
– Provide administrative support for the managing director
To be successful in this position, you will have:
– Minimum of 5 years experience in an office/operations management role
– Previous experience as a people leader
– Advertising sales experience, preferably in the media landscape
– Advanced skills in MS Excel, Outlook & Power Point
– Great written and verbal communication skills
– Be organised, flexible, pro-active and have a keen eye for detail and can multi-task
Benefits & Culture
People enjoy working at ARN because we are a fun and fast paced place to work, embracing our values of Energy, Authenticity, Creativity and Action. You’ll be part of a dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about Defining Audio for our listeners, clients and shareholders. Working here gives you access to great benefits like: paid parental leave, annual learning and development program including study leave and an Employee Assistance Program
If you would like to make a significant contribution to our continuing success, please press the APPLY button and upload your cover letter and resume by close of business 22nd February 2021.
You can find more about us at www.arn.com.au and connect with us via Twitter (@ausradionetwork) and LinkedIn (Linkedin /australianradionetwork)
COPYWRITER (FULL TIME) – MAGNUM OPUS PARTNERS, MELBOURNE
They say long copy is dead. The same people probably also say TV is dead, radio is dead, newspaper is dead (this one’s almost probably true), outdoor is dead, etc. The truth is long copy is dead if it sucks. We’re looking for a creative copywriter, creative content writer, copy ninja … (whatever you like to be called) to join our team and write kick-ass copy.
We’re not going to sugar coat it though. You’ll be writing brochures, banner ads, website copy, and even presentations. But you’ll also be writing TV, radio, quirky headlines, social films and even one of those award-winning ‘Fearless Girl’ type ads.
You have to be able to take the good with the bad and sometimes the bad is like real bad,
like 20 rounds of back and forth with the client bad. But you keep your cool and swallow your pride, then go home and cry yourself to sleep. Then wake up and do it all over again the next day.
But then you remember as you were crying yourself to sleep the night before you realised you had a cracking idea for one of our clients but forgot to write it down, so you spend the day trying to piece it together until you finally remember it and realised it wasn’t that good. You know how it goes, we all do it.
So, here we are, still looking for a copywriter that can write better than this, as this was written by an art director. You won’t be working in a team but with the team.
If this gig sounds like it’s for you then please send your folio to email@example.com (yes, that is my email and no there is no .com or .com.au). We’re uber trendy. We’re looking for someone good, so if this is you or someone you might know, send us a message.
SENIOR DIRECTOR OPPORTUNITY (CONTRACT) – MAGNUM OPUS PARTNERS, MELBOURNE
We need a passionate ad-person to be a part of the Senior Management team at one of Australia’s longest standing independent agencies. Since the whole world has changed recently, maybe you have too?
You might already be working for yourself, or you’re working in a very senior account director role.
You know that “account service” isn’t about work-in-progress or ‘dotting the Is and crossing the Ts’. That’s taken for granted. Instead, you offer an authoritative presence backed by a strong creative bent as well. (And you know that “creative” covers everything about what an agency does, and not just the ads.)
Most of all, what you’re all about is clever insights that advance your client’s cause, and which you can sell with both enthusiasm and knowledge. And that knowledge crosses traditional media, online media, and even no media: events, PR, influencers … you’ve been there and done all that too. You can achieve more. We can help. So for a completely confidential discussion on this unique opportunity, please email our Managing Director Erin Lightfoot today on firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTENT & COMMUNITY MANAGER (FULL TIME) – PRESENT COMPANY, REDFERN
Content & Community Managers at Present Company are responsible for their clients’ work from start to finish, delivering work in partnership with our creative studio, account management team, strategy team and media team.
– Assist with social media strategy creation
– Align the of voice / tonality and brand character for your pages to the agreed strategy
– Creative concept development for overarching campaigns
– Campaign (development, content, experiential) ideation for clients
– Contribute to new business sourcing where applicable
– Autonomous management of content calendars
– Assist with client / account management including WIP, comms, briefings and presentations
– Social consultancy / presentations / inclusion in social 101s
– Adherence to and compliance with scopes and contracts
– Content and copy creation and ideation
– Briefing and workshopping with designers / studio / production in the creation of social content
– Ad unit creation
– Proactive ideation for new initiatives
– Moderation of brand pages
– Community management
Insights & Reporting
– Execute media bookings for paid social
– Contribute to insight elements of reporting
– Trend report contribution
– Regular competitive reviews
How to apply
If this role sounds like it matches your skills and experience then please send your CV and anything else of interest to email@example.com.
COPYWRITER (FULL TIME) – YOUI, SUNSHINE COAST
Hey! So you think you can write? Awesome – come and do it with us. On the Sunshine Coast.
The Youi brand has been created by a small band of in-house people. People who’ve worked for big agencies, small agencies and themselves. We’ve plugged away and created a brand that’s challenged the big guys. And now we’re looking for another writer to team up with an awesome Art Director to help take our brand to the next level.
Our crew does it all. From TV to radio, social, digital, ‘content’, design, customer experience and (the slightly less exciting but still important) insurance docs. Our Creative Director even shoots the commercials, so you could say we’re a bit of a one-stop-shop.
Good. We’re looking for an experienced Copywriter who wants to do great work in a great part of the world. Ideally, you’ll have 5+ years’ experience working in a digital or ad agency. You like words (obviously) but also know what looks nice.
Being paired up with an Art Director, you won’t be out there by yourself. And you’ll be working alongside another writer, designers and developers, and reporting into our Creative Director.
Oh, you love ideas too. And are happy to work collaboratively to make them happen. You’re also rather fond of video and won’t be afraid to get out there with our content producers to interview somebody after a cyclone. Or a flood. Or something a little lighter. You never know.
Essentially, we want a writer who’s not afraid to get their hands dirty, and wants to be part of a small team doing things differently.
The building we work in is nice and has good coffee. Yes, it’s on the Sunny Coast, but we don’t overlook the beach. It’s not far away, though.
If you like the sound of the job and think you fit the bill, get in touch. Can’t see a closing date on the job ad? That’s because we’re pretty excited to find our next copywriter and may start interviews immediately, so APPLY NOW by submitting your CV and covering letter today. We’ll be in touch soon.
DIRECTOR’S ASSISTANT (FULL TIME) – SWEETSHOP, AUCKLAND
The role of Director Assistant is primarily to support directors with their pitches and productions. To creatively assist a director in the pitching of commercials and on shoots as required.
A Sweetshop in-house DA is ideally the first choice for directors on pitches. The more in demand a DA, the greater the ability to shadow a director on a production and grow in your role as DA. The job description on offer is to gain experience in both pitching and on set experience. As a company, we are providing you with training on the job and an understanding of the industry (agencies) together with opportunities to grow your skill set as a DA.
– A solid understanding of the storytelling process
– Filmmaking experience
– Has a good knowledge of design, graphic fundamentals, typography & layouts
– Someone who is fluent in Adobe Photoshop and Indesign
– Basic editing skills in Final Cut Pro or Premier Pro
– High level of experience in visual research
– Creative & contemporary knowledge of the arts for visual research
– Passion, integrity, reliability, resourcefulness and enthusiasm
ASSISTING DIRECTORS ON PITCHES
– Design and layout of treatments
– Brainstorming with Director’s
– Editing material for reference (ie. Storyboards, film links, music links)
– Creating animatics and mood films
– Spell and Grammar check treatments on final WIPs
– Layout of both art dept and wardrobe reference (wardrobe check imagery)
– Casting assistance (selecting headsheets for BG roles)
– Uploading content to Wire Drive (WD) on active jobs (Casting, reference, locations)
– PPM document preparation for agency meetings
– Filming and editing ‘making of’ videos from a production
– Onset photography
– Create Initial job folders on WD for productions
– Archive WD folders not in use – saving data/space on WD account
– Photography at events
– Design / Invitations for TSS functions
– Managing Sweetshop’s location database (retrieving key location images and database log)
– Other Office requests as required
– Interest in film and film language
– Understanding of film genre’s
– Ability to work with various creative personalities on the roster
– Working in a fast-paced environment.
– Problem solver
– Ability to work autonomously and prioritise workload
– Ability to communicate effectively
We’re a global boutique production company with eight fully-serviced offices all over the globe, with an emphasis on local. We’re a company whose work aims to capture the energy and emotions of the human experience through craft and storytelling. A company that truly values the people. These are our principles – we succeed because of them.
Start Date: Monday 22nd March 2021.
CREATIVE – ART DIRECTOR (MID-SENIOR) (FULL TIME) – ANALOGFOLK, SURRY HILLS
Creative Agency Designed for Modern Business, seeks Modern Art Director.
Mid-weight to Senior Art Director wanted, who has a passion for developing world-class ideas in a creative agency designed for modern business.
With energy, good humour and relaxed enthusiasm, you’ll have the ability to flex and work with different copywriters / designers / planners and UX people, depending on shape, scope and nature of the project.
A passion for ideas, a hunger to win creative and effectiveness awards, along with the ability to present with confidence in order to realise both your creative ambitions and the greater business goals are key.
What you’ll bring:
• An understanding that art direction is ultimately about moving people, not just pixels.
• You’ll think big, sticky ideas that stretch across channel and platform.
• A wide range of design, visual and creative capabilities; very good taste.
• Know how to bring words and ideas to life through slick, curated typography, images and keynote.
• Possess a true knowledge of social, digital platforms and how they work; know how to surprise, innovate and create on these platforms, familiar with how consumers and influencers use them.
• The skill and passion for creating brilliant TV and online films, scripts, end frames and the like; how those mediums connect to social, websites and the greater comms mix.
• The ability to be ‘on the tools’ as required in a modern creative agency to create slick looking conceptual mockups. It can’t and won’t always fall to a designer alone, especially at concept stage.
• The desire to work among the very best in this business; both now and in the future on the path to a brilliant and famous creative career.
• You’ll operate in the knowledge that the best idea is always boss. That means being a team player – so spotting and getting behind great ideas, whoever comes up with them, is what counts.
• You’ll understand the distinction between a good idea and a great idea. Naturally, that means being deeply familiar with the world’s most awarded work and case studies.
• Ability to mentor others and work with designers to bring ideas to life.
• Know how to create slick ‘Award Boards’ and create / supervise case study videos.
• All the usual art director-y things expected in a brilliant, modern, hungry, creative agency.
• A desire to use digital to make the real world better.
• A strong work ethic, hunger to learn.
• Sense of humour.
• Report directly to the Executive Creative Director.
• Work collaboratively, harmoniously and intuitively with copywriters, designers, social editors, planners, account team, developers, production partners and more.
• Nurture designers on craft and excellence in design execution, mentor others.
Skills, attributes and qualifications:
• Minimum of 4-5 years experience as an Art Director for advertising/marketing agencies.
• Ideally, Bachelor of Arts or equivalent degree in commercial arts or communications.
• AWARD School or similar desired.
• Awarded at shows such as AWARD, Effies, D&AD, Webbies, One Show, Caples, Cannes, Clios etc.
We require valid Australian working rights for 12 months minimum.
TheBestAdJobs.com offers recruiters and agencies a fantastic low rate of $50 per job listing.
TheBestAdJobs.com reaches the international audience of bestadsontv.com and the Australasian audience of campaignbrief.com, campaignbrief.co.nz and campaignbriefasia.com.
New and featured jobs have visibility on the Bestads and Campaign Brief sites 24/7, reaching upwards of 300,000 unique visitors a month.