In another record-breaking year the Media Federation of Australia last night announced the winners of the 13th annual Media Federation Awards.
Almost 800 guests attended the Awards presentation at CarriageWorks, Sydney.
In the pursuit of perfection the category winners have all demonstrated mastery, producing some brilliant media solutions.
Happy Soldiers took out the Grand Prix Award sponsored by SMG with ‘Red for Tontine – The First Pillow With An Expiry Date’ campaign.
Judges commented; “The Tontine entry stood above some brilliant category winners by mastering every element of the complicated communications landscape. The transformative business idea was founded on a simple but significant insight that spanned the entire customer journey continuing to deliver well beyond the paid media investment with every pillow case change.”
The 2011 Media Federation Award winners are:
• Automotive: Initiative, Get More Value for Kia Motors Australia
• Beverages: MediaCom, Battle Of The Steaks for Treasury Wine Estates
• Finance/Insurance/Government/Corporate & Real Estate: Slingshot Media Ventures, Be
MedicineWise for NPS MedicineWise
• Clothing/Cosmetics & Retail: UM, Lynx Lodge for Unilever
• Food & Grocery: Starcom, Whiskas Pledge for Mars Petcare
• IT & Consumer Durables: Happy Soldiers, The First Pillow With An Expiry Date for Tontine
• Media/Entertainment/Travel & Leisure: Carat Sydney, There’s Nothing Like Australia for Tourism Australia
• Best Strategic Launch Campaign: Slingshot Media Ventures, Be MedicineWise for NPS
• Best Integrated Media Campaign: Happy Soldiers, The First Pillow With An Expiry Date for Tontine
• Best Use of A Small Budget: MEC, Intelligence That Wins Wars for Activision
• Best Media Innovation: Ikon Communications, The Commonwealth Bank Property Guide iPhone
Application for Commonwealth Bank of Australia
• Best Demonstration of Results: Happy Soldiers, The First Pillow With An Expiry Date for Tontine
• Best Use of Strategic Insight: OMD, The Travel Companion for Visa
• Partnership Award: Ten Connect, Coles MasterChef Partnership for Coles
• Pro-Bono/Cause Marketing Incentive – In Recognition of Pam Lane: ngen Charity Committee,
Media Agencies Live Below The Line for The Oaktree Foundation
• ngen Award: Alex Ryan & Sam Geer, MediaCom for Lessons Learned
• ngen Award: Gemma Lasenby, UM for Blue For A Day